Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sticker project

I have been missing the kids so bad since they all moved out of town. So, I decided I needed to come up with a happy for them all and kids love stickers. So before I went to Virginia to see three of them I whipped up a sticker book for each of them to take with me. This way I could write each of them and send stickers to them ... via the old fashion way.. the post office. I have been trying to do it weekly but sometimes it turns into two weeks...key word "try" for weekly! I just took some 3 ring binders, punched holes in a lot of construction paper, plus put the circle tabs on both side of all the holes..the kids are all under 5 so they needed to be tough. Printed pictures off my computer for each front and back. Added some pictures and stickers to start.
West is into nascar, Jeff Gordon is his favorite... he is 5
I put pictures of us in each kids book, along with postcards and blank pages to add to
Travis is 3 and he got scooby doo and mickey mouse on the binder for him
They really get excited getting their individual letters and stickers from me. They have a place now to put the stickers instead of all over the house and toys. The books were a big hit with the kids but also a big hit for the mothers :-) I was excited they really enjoyed putting the stickers in the book and look forward each time to adding more to them.
Emoree and Ella got Cinderalla, Belle and Snow white,
Ella's inside
what the blank pages are like to add pictures and stickers toI also put clear page protectors in there for the letters and any other stuff they get that they want to collect in their sticker book.
Needless to say I am pretty sticker poor these days...but it is so much fun sending them lil happys that I know they are very excited to get. They call me and thank me for them and always say...dardar could you send me some more next time LOL. West, will also tell me if he talks to me that he didn't get any mail with his name on it today or stickers.. :-))

Well, see I do a few other things besides just taking pictures of flowers :-)

Okay Special request go check out the new finding I found through Idiot's Stew.. After you read him go check out The life and Times of Malady..and JOIN people...show some love...
thank you my friends.

xoxo
dar

Geaux Get Your Read On!

35 comments:

Sharon Rose said...

Hah! I'm first!

Sharon Rose said...

Now for a comment! Those sticker books are a treasure!

Sharon Rose said...

And. . . I would keep them forever! so I am sure your little ones will love them! It's a grand idea!

Suzy said...

What a great and sweet idea.

Anonymous said...

That's too sweet of you Dar. :)

Joanna Jenkins said...

What a wonderful gift. I'm sure the kids love it!!!
xo

Mike said...

Aww, you are so sweet! Just don't tell anyone that I noticed!!!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Great idea!
I'll bet my grandkids that moved away would like something like this.

Anonymous said...

An amazing idea ... Great memories that will be treasured for decades. Great, great, great! :0)

darsden said...

Pastor Sharon-You go gurl..LOL thank you. I don't know if they will keep them forever but I hear they are having fun with them.

Suzy-thank you kindly

Tabitha-thank you very much, could be a good idea for some of your special kids too.

Joanna Jenkins-thank you they really do and look forward to getting mail.

Otin-thank you and I won't tell anybody you are a teddy bear ;-)

Twisted Fencepost-girlfriend they would love it, plus they get to feel very special by getting happy mail. Do it, it's fun.

Unknown said...

How very creative! I remember how much I loved stickers when I was a kid! You have a very brilliant idea!

They are lucky to have someone lkike you!

darsden said...

dizzblnd-thank you very much. I had to do something cuz they were sticking them everywhere I didn't want them to get in trouble for me sending them to them, so this was the best and cheapest way I could come up with.

Liz Mays said...

That is so creative! I remember when stickers were practically throw away items in stores and now they've gotten so expensive!

I love your ideas!

darsden said...

blueviolet- thank you so much, it comes from being a cheap ass...LOL I know they make sticker books but I wanted it a certain way..so that is what I came up with.

darsden said...

Hey all you that have visited come back I added another lil request to my page at the bottom of this post :-))

Malady said...

Hi, Darsden. First of all, thank you for checking out my blogtoon!
I am looking forward to a time when I can do fun things like this for my son. What a great idea. : )

blognut said...

Awesome idea! You are so sweet to those kids.

Can I get a sticker, too? You know? Something blue and fuzzy would do nicely.

darsden said...

Malady-I enjoyed it and it was very funny and very original. Your son would love it and you wouldn't have to worry about stickers on the walls :-))

Blognut-thank you very much, I try, those babies have me wrapped around their lil fingers. So, that I totally understand. You want stickers, stickers that look just like you but in sticker form...correct...well just send me your address and I will put you on the sticker list :-)) lil fuzzy one

darsden said...

IB-Welcome my man...nothing like being strong armed over here eh...LOL I really appreciate you signing up on the side bar over there..even if it was under pressure..bawhahahaha

Hit 40 said...

What a great idea!!! Did you come up with it on your own?? Fabulous. I will definitely do this with grand children. They love mail and packages. My boys are always hoping that the box in the mail is from grandma for them.

darsden said...

Hit 40-yep thunk it up all by myself..the kids love getting mail.

Reddirt Woman said...

Those kids will look at those books even after they are grown and remember the fun you all had with doing them. You are one special sweetie.

xoxox

darsden said...

Reddirt Woman-I would love to think so... but young parents today usually dont' hang on to stuff like that...LOL I have fun sending them the stickers and look forward to them calling and asking for more :-) My conversion with West go... uhmm dardar..yes pumpkin...did you send me those sticker..yes I did honey do you like them...yes ma'am but next time could you send more... cracks me up each time..

darsden said...

Malady-you snuck in over on the side bar there. Hey I really appreciate you signing up over there, Com'on back any time and have some ice tea with me :-))

Anonymous said...

That's very creative! That's a great idea, kids love stickers.

LPC said...

Aw. I remember stickers. Lisa Frank....

Mike said...

Darsden, I was never in a band, I have no musical ability, I wish I did!!!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

What a clever idea and a great way to stay in touch!

darsden said...

Maggie-thank you very much and yes they do.

LPC- welcome and thank you for stopping by :-)

otin-where did I get that info from then..dang I really thought you said you played..

SMB-thank you and they love getting mail!

Medora said...

What a clever idea! OMG - I just saw a 24 . . . I am having seizures . . . Jeff Gordon is evil . . .

darsden said...

Medora-Thank you .. LOL I was wondering when you would surface to have a seizure...
rotflmao..I put that on just for you...!!

Heidi said...

Hey you're a scrapbooker now! Thats a great idea, I'm sure the kids love it.

K Dubs said...

What a great idea! They'll love them and miss you tons :)

Lilly said...

What a great Aunty you are. The kids must have been anxiously checking the post to check theri latest stickers.

darsden said...

Heidi-girl I am as far as I can go in farm town..LOL so got to do something , they do :-))

Kathy-thank you they do love stickers and I miss those boogers tons

Lilly-I hear they run everyday to the mailbox, I do try..but I think if they got them everyday they would still want more..LOL