Friday, August 15, 2014

Footprints

People come and go in our lives.
I have found out the hard way most of the time.
When I was younger I could not understand why people
would disappear from my life or family

Life Lessons are sometimes learned the hard way.

Precious dear people I loved without borders
would slowly turn to fading foot prints.

Hardest lesson was how alone I was after my mothers passing.
Those I had called my beloved friends
where were they
the ones I was always there for....

now just memories of what was
fading

I found you cannot be in a relationship by yourself.
You cannot work on a relationship by yourself.
When trying so hard to hold on to those relationships...

I found I was all alone...

So I let them go to fading footprints...


I have found
me

I stand stronger

I stand true

 I found I don't need you!




xoxo dar
Geaux Get Your Read On !
"The will of God will never take you
where the Grace of God will not protect you"

6 comments:

joanne said...

<3

Brian Miller said...

for we can really love another
we have to learn to love ourselves.

darsden said...

Joanne- Thank you and hope you are doing well.

darsden said...

Brian-very true sir, thank you :-)

Anonymous said...

That is one of the hardest lessons to learn. I speak from experience. Over this past year I have been letting go of a few long lost people myself. Yeah, I'll miss them and I think of them often but I no longer attempt to "keep in touch". I am tired of one-sided relationships. And what's really sad....most of them are family. It seems that since both of my parents have passed I no longer have Aunts, Uncles or cousins. Well most of them anyway. Sad...but it's ok. I have survived the 1st 40 years of my life mostly without them, I'll survive the next 40 without them. LoL

darsden said...

twistedfencepost- It a very sad! It was a life long question I had till I experienced it myself. I tell my family all the time...Now I know what happens and why families break apart. When you lose the maytreeark of the family, it falls apart. I am sorry you are having to go through this too! I understand totally. I appreciate you coming by and sharing.