Saturday, April 26, 2014

Broken - Again

Well, I had 16.8 wonderful years with my best friend.
She was truly the best dog.
She loved everybody.
Everybody loved her.

My baby actually chose me. My mother and I were out shopping and I asked her just to stop by the local humane society. It had been 4 years since I had a puppy.  I stopped in took a look around inside for the small dogs. Nothing ..no problem.

So, I walked outside where the large dogs were outside exercising. Out the corner of my eye I see a little puppy walking the fence line on the 4x4's going like let me through... shoving these big dogs out of her way.  She literally climbed the fence and I heard her say...
Can you see me now... all 4 pounds of her.

She had a big attitude for a shorty and I had come realize why she was put with them. 

Mom, looked at me and said I think you found your new baby 
and she has the same color hair as you.

I adopted her and it was the best 50 bucks investment ever.

ONE of the hardest decision I ever had to make. I laid her to rest on Thursday.
She was having too much trouble trying to walk she looked at me 
and I swear she told me it was the pits and it was time to help her more.
So, I made that horrible but necessary decision and let her go be with Mom.

I still think I hear her little toes on the tiles.
I know this will be a hurt for a very long time.

But, I was blessed to have her as long as I did.
The 4 pound "grown" puppy turned into
15 pounds of pure love and loyalty.

 Thirty minutes before we said goodbye.



xoxo dar
Geaux Get Your Read On !

6 comments:

Japolina said...

So very sorry for your loss :(

Sharon Rose said...

Oh Dar, I am so sorry you had to say goodbye to her. I am sending hugs and love to you. So very sorry for your loss.
xoxo,
Sharon

Mike said...

I'm so sorry, Darlene. Pets are more than just companions. They're family.

Reddirt Woman said...

There are no words, as any of us who have had to go through this know... only hugs and prayers and the knowledge that they are playing with those that went before and have no pain, no issues with health, just joyous playing while waiting for us to join them.

XOXOX

Pearl said...

Oh, honey. A bit hug from Minneapolis.

Pearl

Anonymous said...

Dar, I'm so sorry! I know how you're feeling. I came home from evening church on 4/27/2014 and found the best dog in the world had went home to see Jesus. I miss him so!