Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hoe Down

This is the low dow on the hoe down. This ho is down.. I am worn out. You guys know (if you have been keeping up with me) That when the folks go out of town. I get my dig on in the yard. I don't have eyes watching me all the time. Worried I am going to pull up or destroy something. They still don' t get me by now! Duh I am a nature re-creator. I practice that First do NO harm! This is the mule my working machine..Ya'll also ought to know by now ...I forget to take pictures till it's almost too late. Anyway I filled this mule up 3 times and hauled it to the back forty! This is my hoe for the day...Never seen one of these before...but I must say WOW it really works after dealing with the hoe...hoe wore my ass ...out hoe! I came to realize I could never make a real living as a ho-er. I would strave to death! I would need too many breaks ;-) I have gone and pulled all the weeds out It is a long L shape bed I had an old pool cover that I cut up to use for the landscaping cloth
(cuz I was too cheap to go buy some when I can make some)
The parents came home in mid weeding and laying of the cloth.
So my cheap ass sent Pop, to the store to go get my mulch for me...
LOL to my surprise mom went to...
(probably to make sure he got what I ordered right...after all it was her bed I was doing)
I personally think it looks fabulous..
Look you can see the mole hole from here...LOLAs I was finishing moms, bed...Pop, hollar at me and said...hey this one is looking pretty bad you think you could do something for it. It being his lil bed,how could I refuse after all he got the mulch. But, not enough mulch, so they went back to lowes and got some more. Low and behold.
Yes, forgot the camera...sorry already weeding a haul out. See the blue landscape cloth-LOL
Look how good his lil bed looks :-) So I am worn out, I'm not as good as I once was..what happened? I use to be able to stay out in the sun and heat and work all day...But after 10 minutes it's break time and my two day project turn into 5 WTF!!
xoxo
dar

Geaux Get Your Read On!

23 comments:

Eskimo Bob said...

Good work - that must be very satisfying. I did some yard work at our old place - and was able to have grass grow in sand. I was very pleased with myself.

You can let your mind go and wander on the latest field trip.

blognut said...

It turned out beautifully! Now come do mine, huh?

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful Dar!!!
But, I am LMAO @ This ho is down!!!

darsden said...

EB-I was on the field trip as you were visiting the yard, great minds eh! ;-)

Blognut-tthankyou that would be a HEllll NO but thankyou for asking for me ;-)

Tabitha-thankyou...always happy to make you laugh :-) it's true I can barely move!

Braja said...

Poor Dar :)) Rest, you need it :) I could say so much but half of it would possibly get me a slap...

lol ;))
xx

Beth said...

Wow! I love working in the yard, too - but that is a LOT of work. I prefer to spread my work out to all the time. I NEVER finish a bed. A little weeding here. A little weedign there. A drink or two. Read a book. Get the picture?

Unknown said...

Dar, you did a fabulous job and your mom and pop are so proud of you, I'm sure, not to mention that they now don't have all that work facing them!

I paid my grandkids to do some of that for me while they were visiting a couple of weeks ago and they did a fab job. They're great little workers!

Twisted Fencepost said...

I can relate, woman. I have been working non-stop outside for days. Except for yesterday when I spent the WHOLE day doing errands that I had been putting off because of farm work.
It does look fabulous. I have been working for days and nothing here looks anywhere near that good. By the time I get done with the maintenance, it's time to start over. So there's no time for beautification. But it is MAINTAINED. Oh well.

darsden said...

Mary@HollyMackerel-HollyMolely..thank you for joining the side bar over there. Welcome!!

Beth-I love it too..but my body doens't love it anymore. But, once I start I have to finish. Can't have it hanging over my head.

Gatson Studio-thank you, and so kind of you to say about the folks. Just trying to help out.. it is a huge place, their getting up there so they could use a lil extra TLC

Becky-I was just fix'in to write you and make sure you were okay. I also was figuring you were in the yard like I was. I know what you mean, I told them to enjoy it because next week it will start looking weedy again.. I am really hoping that the pool cover I cut up (ya know the one that comes with our pools I never used) hoping it will keep more weed out...except where it's pieced together..we will see. Don't over do it girl! You have a big place too...take your time!

Michel said...

WOW! That DID turn out great!! I tried to garden once - let's just say, it did not go as smoothly.

darsden said...

Michel-who is this...this isn't Michel I know where is she? What did you do to her? LOL
Thank you :-)

darsden said...

Braja-OMG I skipped right over you.. didn't see you laming around there... Bring It woman I can handle it..the puns were intended for that very reason ;-) xoxo

Tatersmama said...

Do you travel? I was just wondering, because I have about a 1/4 of an acre to do before winter hits... and I'm no ho-er. ;-)

Hit 40 said...

Wow a garden tractor!! I am jealous. I just use my hubby. He also works on gas.

I clicked on follow to stalk you. I thought I should keep an eye on you since you leave so many comments over at Michele's blog.

darsden said...

Hit 40-great minds...I was doing the same to you too...we all need to join forces to keep an eye on Michel! Girl don't know how to turn off her car lights for crying out loud!

Hit 40 said...

She does need help!! Great minds do think alike

LMAO!!!

darsden said...

Hit 40- :> <: us eye to eye...LOL

Michel said...

OMG you two are freaks. Funny, but I think YOU TWO might be the bat shit crazy ones! not me@!!!

darsden said...

Michel-hilarious I can read @!!! LOL

K Dubs said...

Looks awesome! I need gardening talent. LOL

darsden said...

Kathy-thank you so much. Believe me if I can do it You can do it, just pull some weeds up, put a plant with some pretty mulch there ya go!

Heidi said...

Beautiful, you have talent!

darsden said...

Heidi-hey girl, thank you, I appreciate it just trying to help the folks out. I don't want my mama in that hot sun :-)